How to block YouTube on your kid’s iPhone or iPad
This tutorial covers how to block YouTube on your kid’s iPhone or iPad. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to block YouTube on your kid’s iPhone or iPad. If your answer is yes, please share it with your friends after reading this.
Check out how to block YouTube on your kid’s iPhone or iPad
Kids today spend hours on YouTube, which isn’t always a good thing. To restrict this, you can block YouTube on your iPhone and iPad. Once done, your child will not be able to access it through the app or browser. Then we will show you all the ways to block YouTube on iPhone or iPad.
But before that, know that Google has a YouTube Kids app. You might want to try it; it will only show kids videos. However, if your kid is old enough to download and use regular YouTube which you don’t want, here’s how to block it.
1. Restrict YouTube on iPhone using screen time
Screen Time is a powerful feature that offers various blocking options including parental controls. If you haven’t turned it on, make sure to set Screen Time on your kid’s iPhone or iPad first.
Once done, here’s how to use Screen Time to block YouTube on iPhone and iPad:
- Open Settings and tap Screen time.
- Tap Content and privacy restrictions.
- Activate content and privacy restrictions and tap Content restrictions.
- Tap Apps and set the limit to 12+, or slightly less than that.
- Now your iPhone will only display apps that are 12 years old or younger. YouTube’s age rating is 17+ and will therefore be blocked.
If the YouTube app is already installed on the iPhone, it will disappear and become inaccessible. If it is not installed, the App Store will not allow anyone to download it due to these restrictions.
The downside to this method is that together with YouTube, it will also hide all other apps with a rating of 17 or higher. However, if your goal is to keep children away from inappropriate content, this restriction may be reasonable.
Whenever you want to unblock YouTube, follow the same steps above, but in step 4 choose 17+ or Allow all apps.
2. Delete the YouTube app and block the installation of new apps.
Another method to block YouTube is to remove your app from your kid’s iPhone or iPad and then restrict the installation of new apps.
The main advantage of using this method over the first is that you can download and manage apps of any rating. Once you think that all the apps you need are there, you can get rid of the YouTube app and avoid installing any new apps.
Here’s how to remove the YouTube app for iPhone or iPad and prevent it from downloading again:
- Pick up your child’s device and from the Home screen, press and hold the YouTube app icon, then select Remove app> Remove app> Remove.
- Now go to Settings> Screen Time> Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure it is turned on.
- Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Tap Install apps and choose Do not allow.
After that, the App Store will disappear and become inaccessible on the device. Therefore, you or your child cannot download new apps. To reverse this, follow the same steps above but choose Allow in step 4.
3. Block YouTube in Safari and other iPhone browsers
You can block the YouTube app using the above two methods. But a smart kid could figure it out and use Safari or any other browser to access it.
Here’s how to block YouTube in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings and tap Screen time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure it’s turned on.
- Touch Content Restrictions> Web Content.
- From there, choose Limit Adult Websites, which will block all of those sites.
- However, YouTube is not an adult site. So by default it will not crash. Therefore, under Never allow, tap Add website.
- Type https://www.youtube.com and exit settings.
Now your child will no longer be able to access YouTube in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or any iOS or iPadOS browser. When they visit YouTube, they will see a notification that the site is restricted. Tap Allow Website to ask them for the Screen Time passcode. Please note that you lose the ability to use private tabs in Safari after restricting adult websites.
To authorize YouTube, follow the same steps above, but swipe left on YouTube and tap Remove.
Final Words: How to Block YouTube on Your Kid’s iPhone or iPad
hope you will understand this item How to block YouTube on your kid’s iPhone or iPad, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.