Here’s how to add your vaccine card to your iPhone’s Apple Wallet – NBC Chicago
The City of Chicago no longer requires customers to show proof of vaccinations at businesses, but you may be asked for proof in certain situations, including at your doctor’s office or when traveling abroad.
So how do you access your vaccination record without risking losing your vaccination record? If you have an iPhone, one way to do this is to add your vaccination card to your Apple Wallet.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Here’s how to add your vaccination information to your digital wallet:
- Obtain a downloadable file or QR code from your vaccine supplier. If you don’t know how to do this or if you have one, contact your insurance company, pharmacy, or the place where you were vaccinated.
- If you are unsure where you got your vaccine or if your doses were given at different locations, you can access your Illinois immunization record here.
- Make sure your iPhone should also be updated with iOS 15.1 software
- If you have a QR code: open the camera app on your phone and hold it over the code. When a Health app notification appears, tap and select “Add to Wallet & Health”
- If you have a downloadable file: open it on your phone and tap the download link. Then select “Add to Wallet & Health”
If you have questions or need more information, click here.
Apple said the company couldn’t see the vaccination card, or how it was used. The map is only stored on the phone itself and not in the cloud.
The company added that vaccination cards cannot be shared with other users on a separate device. Once added, users must verify their identity using Face ID, Touch ID, or a password.
For Android users, Google has also created a way to store vaccine information in Google Pay or Chrome. For step-by-step instructions, click here.